Serenity

Serenity

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Catch Updates!

Had some time yesterday after a service call not 3 minutes from Carter Lake, so I hopped over and dropped a bead-head soft-hackle about 10 ft. off of shore. Didn't take long to feel bumps.


I'm trying to do better about my handling, so I kept this bad boy in the water for the photo. You can see the breast starting to brighten  and the purple hue setting in. I think this means he's a bull.


I've mentioned the bass fry at Carter Lake a couple of times. They stocked it fresh last year with different sizes. The largest I've caught in there was about 11 inches. This guy was maybe 3 inches. 4 tops. Loved him some tiny soft hackle, though.

Puts me at a Rainbow, a gill and one tiny LMB for the year so far!


2 comments :

  1. Stop over to Bill Trussels site (Fishing through life). He's the Blue Gill expert. He can tell you whether it's a boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony
    Nice male bluegill and bass as well--thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete