Serenity

Serenity

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Reminiscent Wind-Down to the Season

Warm-water season is winding down here in the Midwest. A cold, misty, rainy Friday night and Saturday morning proved that the fish are still biting, but that it's starting to get iffy on the weather.

To start out, I caught my first "poor-man's bonefish."




This was the fightin'-est fish I ever did fight. It actually made my arm tired on the 5w, and I was afraid that I was going to find out whether the guy at Bass Pro was right when he said, "Anything too big will tear up your tackle." I let him take a lot of line out.

He measured at about 15-18 in. Great fun. I will definitely try for that species again for the fight. Don't know if I'll release it back again, though. They eat the bass roe.

About a year ago was my first experience fly fishing with my brother in the mountains on the Utah/Idaho border. This post is mostly a tribute to him and I's time up there. Good times, Mike.





All nursing cutties, Oncorhynchus clarkii, the last one being my first. It was wonderful. It was a beautiful landscape, too. The minute we got out of the truck, we both noticed a four-point Mulie (Odocoileus hemionus) in velvet staring at us.

The best part was the company. I look forward to doing it again with him. I also can't wait to enjoy trips like these with my wonderful wife and best friend.

Until next time. For more great pictures and accounts of trout fishing, visit a friend of mine's blog, Brookies and Browns. For example:

 Yay for trout!

No comments :

Post a Comment