Serenity

Serenity

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bluegills in Autumn

I set aside an hour last Saturday at my wife's suggestion for some early-morning fishing out at Cunningham.

Yep, slept through that alarm.

So, I went out this morning. Started out throwing a brown woolly-bugger. No luck. Quickly switched to a big-headed Wal-mart cork popper, letting them land anywhere from directly at shore to about 3 feet out.


This is one of about ten that I caught. This size is about average for this morning. Caught some way bigger. Caught most way smaller.

The common Bluegill is very prolific and highly pressured in the local reservoir system, but for some reason I find decent sized ones despite the explosion of population in Cunningham specifically.

I wish I would have gotten a picture, but the lake was gorgeous this morning. The leaves are starting to fall off the trees and the shoreline weeds are all but dead and gone, making walks and casting that much easier to handle. The warm season is almost over, but that doesn't mean the fishing is. They are starting their feeding for the winter.

Next time, I'll get more pictures.


1 comment :