Serenity

Serenity

Friday, May 18, 2012

Dave 'n' Fishn...Dave

Today's feature: FishnDave's recent post regarding the Bass Gurgler.



Three of Dave's creations, #4 on the left two, #2 on the right.

Everything and its fishy mother chases this fly. At least in warm water they do. Go to Dave's blog and read the last few posts that feature the use of this fly and you shall see things beyond awesome. 

As he states in his post, the original credit goes to a fellow poster, Jim Smith, on FAOL. Rather than hang on walls, buildings, and billboards, this poster gives out great fly recipes. (Cue the seal laugh. It was punny! *Ar Ar Ar*)

When I bought my first fly tying kit and materials, I found that I had enough to try this fly as well as the Dirty Rat, with one exception: I didn't have eyelash yarn, only chenille. But, I gave it a whirl, and man o manny wammy, Sammy, do these flies produce. Here's my third attempt at the fly, chenille body only.


And here is the second and third and fourth and... well, several more real-life testimonials to the effectiveness of this fly.





 

Tie it. Toss it. Love it. Thanks Dave for the great post, and thanks Jim for the great recipe.

 


1 comment :

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! :)
    YES!!! Those are some dandy fish you've taken on your version! Pretty effective pattern, eh? It takes a lot to impress me with a new (to me) fly pattern...but this one flat out WORKS.

    ReplyDelete